Home >> Media Type >> Images
Gordon R. Hennigar Pathology Museum Collection

The Gordon R. Hennigar Pathology Museum Collection features photographs of gross pathology specimens from the Museum's holdings. The photograph collection is the result of a collaboration between the Waring Historical Library and MUSC Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (DPLM) to preserve, document, and make the wet specimen collection more accessible. Dr. Erin Presnell of DPLM says, "This is a wonderful solution to the preservation of the vast collection of gross pathology specimens collected and maintained in the DPLM Gordon Hennigar Museum over the past several decades.

WWII Airplane

Photographs of the Greenville Army Air Base.

Fire truck

Photograph collection of government services in Greenville County.

Greenville Memorial Hospital

Photographs of the Greenville Health System (formerly Greenville Hospital System) over the past 100 years. Photographs loaned for digitization by the Greenville Health System.

Student at Greenville Woman's College. 1930

This digital collection contains over 500 documents, postcards, and photographs from the Greenville Woman's College located in Greenville, South Carolina. The college, which was founded in 1854 by the Southern Baptist Convention, merged with Furman University in 1938 and moved to Furman University's new consolidated campus in 1961, closing down its former location in downtown Greenville.

Jewish man

A collection of photographs from private collections, digitized by the Greenville County Library System.

Gregg portrait

This photograph collection is a small portion of USC Aiken's historical Gregg-Graniteville Archive of documents and memorabilia of the Graniteville Company, a major Southern textile manufacturing firm founded in 1845 by William Gregg. The archive represents the only collection in existence devoted to William Gregg and the Graniteville Company. It was developed over the years by the executives of the company at its main office in the village of Graniteville.

Harbison Agricultural College

Harbison Agricultural College began in 1885 when the Rev. Emory W. Williams of Washington, D.C. founded a school to educate young African Americans in Abbeville, S.C. It was named Ferguson Academy in honor of one of its benefactors, Rev. James H. Ferguson of the Presbyterian Church in Hanover, N.J.

Housed in the Archives of the Chester County Historical Society, the Henry O. Nichols collection contains an estimated 250,000(+) images taken by Mr. Nichols (1900–1991) over a span of 79 years (1911–1990). The Collection depicts images of everyday life, from birth to death, in and around Chester County, South Carolina as well as examples of Mr.

Herald-Journal Willis Collection

The Herald-Journal Willis Collection is the centerpiece of the Spartanburg County Public Libraries’ visual arts holdings. The collection of over 400 historical photographs was donated by the Herald-Journal in 1999.

Pages