Home >> Institution >> Belle W. Baruch Foundation and Hobcaw Barony

The Belle W. Baruch Collection features photographs provided by the Belle W. Baruch Foundation. In 1905, Bernard M. Baruch purchased and merged 11 former plantations as a winter hunting retreat calling it Hobcaw Barony. Today, Hobcaw includes 17,500 acres of research reserve left by his daughter Belle W. Baruch and is one of the few undeveloped tracts of land on the Waccamaw Neck.

This collection includes images of the Baruch family, their friends and guest at Hobcaw, as well as their extensive travels around the world. Photograph descriptions were provided by Lee Brockington.